Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm in a New York state of mind...


Wow, I just realized I missed the whole month of November! Oh how time flies around the holidays...

I guess the big news of November was Jim and Jason going on a somewhat impromptu trip to the Big Apple. Jason went to help two of his Drinking Ladies alumni deal with their New York single gal apartments (or "maxi-pads" as they refer to 'em.) Four days of trolling every thrift store in lower Manhattan, hitting the Brooklyn Flea Market, and drinking in just about every gay bar in Chelsea, the West Village, and the East Village.

I'm proud of my boys.

Luckily they had a good tour guide in the form of a certain Ms. Abby Featherstone. I set things up for her a while ago when she found her current apartment just down the street from my "Bad Pussies" mural at 3rd & Avenue B (see above.) Now her entire world of work/living/eating/drinking all takes place in a 10 minute radius of the East Village, thanks to my handiwork. During this trip she help me plant the New York bug into Jim and Jason...

(Of course I'm just talking figuratively...J&J were vigilant against the bedbugs and made sure they never came in contact with the vermin.)

Thanksgiving turned into a blessing and a curse. More Drinking Ladies and their families came to our home for lots of good food and wine and the night of the event was full of laughter and charades and good times. But sometime during the day, Jason must've eaten something bad 'cause by Friday he ended up with the worst case of food poisoning/stomach flu ever. He basically lost the entire weekend, and Jim and I did all we could to help him recover from his fever and nausea.

This month we're just hanging on to each other, trying to get through the rest of the year. I'll keep y'all posted on what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment