Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Live like we're dying...


Okay, bitches, for those of you who don't know already...I have cancer. Regardless of how bad it is, I've talked it over with the boys and it's okay. I'm not going to have surgery. At my age, I don't know if I'd fully recover and I don't want to take that chance. Same with chemo--I'm already losing my hair in patches, so I don't need or want any more of that.

The boys are taking this really hard, but I'm still okay. We're gonna keep on truckin' till the end. The way I see it, I've had a really good life. A long one, too--check out my Bucket List and all the things I've crossed off so far:
  1. Begin modern civilization
  2. Create the first written language
  3. Rule a kingdom
  4. Get overthrown by revolutionaries and live to tell the tale
  5. Stop Hitler and the Axis Powers
  6. Become a war correspondent
  7. Develop a vaccine for polio
  8. Win a Grammy
  9. Invent the Internet
  10. Find a loving home
  11. Go skydiving
  12. Write the great American novel
  13. Host a talk show
  14. Develop a cure for cancer
  15. Run a marathon
  16. F*ck some shit up
  17. Become President of the USA
  18. Get Jim to use sunscreen more often
  19. Spread the love
  20. Get shit done
Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I'll keep posting as long as I can keep typing--and maybe even after that. As long as Jason doesn't try to bust out the ouija board--I told him that shit is powerful stuff and that he shouldn't mess with it.

Okay, kids. More soon...

1 comment:

  1. Chino, I think you can cross off number 18 now. I'm getting there (despite those recent patchy burns because I was applying sunscreen while drunk..sort of...)

    ReplyDelete